Thursday, December 8, 2011

Maple Dijon Mustard Roasted Chicken




My hubby brought  some maple syrup and maple cookies back from Canada. Sweet! I believe the cookies are long gone because I haven't seen them for a while...or maybe I just hid them too well to avoid temptation. They were de-li-cious!  

So, a few days ago, when I came back from school, I was roaming the internet, trying to find some inspiring recipe that I would be able to use the maple syrup other than pancakes or waffles. 

I found this simple and easy recipe at http://www.closetcooking.com/, which was perfect for a quick dinner. I made some changes to the original recipe to fit our taste and served it with bacon and leek rice. Approved!

Ingredients:

1 pound of chicken breasts

For the marinade:
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
3 tablespoons of dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt
black pepper

For the sauce:
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
a bit of cayenne pepper
salt

How to make it:

Marinate the chicken in the maple syrup, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper for 30 minutes or more. I usually use a ziplock bag or something similar that will allow for the meat to be immersed in the marinade. Pre-heat the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes.

Cover a roasting pan with foil and drizzle some olive oil over it. This usually makes cleaning the roasting pan a lot easier! Place the chicken breasts in the roasting pan and into the oven. Roast chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F, or for about 45 minutes.

Discard the leftover marinade. No, you cannot use the marinade for the sauce because it was in contact with raw chicken, remember?

Get a bowl and mix the maple syrup and dijon mustard again. I like to add a little heat, especially when mixing sweet and savory flavors, so I added a bit of cayenne pepper. Add salt and mix everything well.

Slice the chicken and arrange it on the plate. Add a spoon of the sauce on top and enjoy!
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Tweet This Post
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Leave a comment!