Saturday, August 1, 2015

Theme party: A Night in Paris!

I like to plan things ahead, but at one time I may have beaten some kind of record. I started planning my birthday party for about 8 months! Well, it all started when I saw a photo of a gorgeous Eiffel Tower cake...what a beautiful and challenging project that would be...and POP! What's more glamorous than a Night in Paris theme party?

Ah....Paris! When I think of Paris, the first thing it comes to mind is the color "pink". That is probably because of Edith Piaf's "La Vie en Rose", but it could very well be the pink hues in the sky. 

There are so many resources on the internet for inspiration! I got a bit sidetracked and almost changed the theme to a Marie Antoinette party but then decided to go back to the original idea and leave Marie Antoinette for another celebration. 

Making a 3D Eiffel Tower cake is no easy task, but I had to give it a try. After spending several hours working on it with the help of my dear friend Rafa, the cake was not exactly like the one I had seen online, but considering this was one of my firsts decorated cakes, I thought it was pretty. 

One thing I learned is that if you have a cake with layers, you need some support (duh!). Yeah. I woke up on the day of the party to find out that my Eiffel Tower had collapsed overnight. What a nightmare! 

Holding back my tears, I thought about my options. I could just go to Cheesecake Factory and get a cake there or I could fix the problem. A few repairs here and there and the tower was standing tall once again. Here is how it looked like:



With the cake ready, it was time for decorating the salon for the party. Adding cute polka dot bows to plastic champagne glasses makes them a little more glam, no?


I also added name tags to the wine glasses to add a personal touch.

Set up your forks and knives nicely - even if they are plastic! 

Le Menu

Onion Soup - Shrimp Cocktail - Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooters - Brie and Pear Tartellettes, Smoked Salmon - Shrimp Salad with Endives - Turkey Meatballs with Honey Mustard





Can't forget Le Fromage! 

Oooh....and as a true Brazilian, you can't have a party without Brigadeiros (thanks, Rafaella!)




After all the baking, cooking and decorating, I was ready to enjoy my Night in Paris in the company of great friends. Je suis très content! ;-)






Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Tweet This Post
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Leave a comment!