Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rouxbe - Online Cooking School

Recently, a friend of mine asked me if I was going to post a turkey recipe. It made me think of this amazing recipe that always renders a moisty, flavorful, perfectly roasted turkey. But, instead of reproducing the recipe here, I decided to share the "secret" that has helped me improve my cooking skills and where I got my turkey recipe.

My brother, who is a food enthusiast like me, introduced me to Rouxbe in 2009 and I have become a fan since then. Rouxbe (pronounces roo-bee) is an online cooking school that unlike other cooking websites, that focus exclusively on recipes, teaches the skills and techniques behind great recipes. Using high-quality instructional videos, practice recipes, and personalized chef feedback, Rouxbe offers lessons that range from poaching an egg to plating, and almost everything in between. 

Rouxbe is a great choice for those (like me) who are eager to learn new cooking skills but don't have the time or the money to attend the local culinary school. To have access to the 70+ classes that include over 1,000 instructional videos, you have to join Rouxbe. They offer two types of tuition. You can choose to buy individual lessons (each include several practice recipes) for a 90-day access or lifetime access ($4.99 or $9.99), or you can choose to buy full membership with unlimited access to all content ($299 per year). 

Cooking classes offered by local groceries and other venues are a lot of fun to go with a friend, but they can cost up to $120 a class. For learning purposes, however, I think Rouxbe is unbeatable. 

I am very proud to say that Lol n' Lollies was accepted as a Rouxbe Cooking School affiliate and now I get to share some of their instructional videos on my blog and offer a free-trial to all my readers. So, take the Rouxbe Cooking School Tour and learn more about this amazing tool. It's worth it. 


Oh, I almost forgot! The turkey recipe will feature on my next post, so "stay tuned"! :-) 

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Tweet This Post
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Leave a comment!